Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Project Mod work

I've been working on Project Mod, my grand vision for an open-source-powered multiplayer physics sandbox game. As usual, I've thrown out a good chunk of the old code and have started (mostly) anew. This time my first focus has been a usable GUI layer for configuration and game selection. I just committed SVN revision 5, and this is what it looks like:


Main menu with some buttons


Video settings menu with buttons, a drop list, and a checkbox

At the moment the "game" is just a white rotating quad, but the core code incorporates ODE and should give me tumbling boxes soon enough.

For anyone interested (all zero of you subscribers from the internets):
Google Code project page
SVN repository

Building on Linux is easy: go to the /mod3client folder and make run, or make all && build/linux/mod3client if you really like typing. Building on Windows works, but isn't as automated. I've made it work with Visual C++ 2008 Express, after setting up all the requisite libraries, by dumping the source into a Win32 Console Application and changing a few project settings.

Up next: importing my old model loader, and upgrading the game to involve something exciting like box sliding.

No comments:

Post a Comment