Saturday, January 10, 2009

Network testing

I got my UDP networking code functional on a "brute force and who cares if we clog the intertubes" level. It sends 200 full game state updates per second, and the clients spit out controls packets (containing, of all bandwidth wasting things, ASCII strings) as quickly as they can generate them. So I went to #wiidev and got a helper on board to fire up the Wii client from an external network:


Each of those crates is under the control of one client. One is a Linux client running on the same machine as the game server. One is a Wii client on the same LAN as the game server, and one is a Wii client about 90 ms away over the internet. The screenshot was captured by the Linux client.

1 comment:

  1. Have you been able to get UDP to work with the Wii? I'm searching for an SDLnet UDP solution for the Wii for my own projects. Would be cool if there's any progress...

    ReplyDelete