Friday, January 9, 2009

Filesystem layer and menus

I implemented most of a filesystem layer. It gives me uniform access to a media tree on Linux/Windows local filesystem, Wii front SD card slot, Wii USB flash drive, Wii/GameCube memory card files, and the media server I'll keep running. To configure this thing I wrote a simple menu module that pops up on startup to let you pick an FS module and, on some modules, browse for a root directory.



I'm thinking a list of default locations (~/.mod2, sd:/apps/mod2, %whatever-is-the-shortcut-for-application-data%\mvanbem\mod2, etc.) combined with a simple .txt config file would make this screen usually skippable.

I'm hard at work getting some netcode and a useful Player object going. At the moment I can connect to the game server and show unpredicted snapshots on the client's screen. No interactivity yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment